Food Service Supervisor
Ability to prepare delicious, nutritious meals according to dietary needs of persons served. Previous experience in meal preparation and food safety and sanitation is preferred. Must possess ability to read and understand menu programs. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
To maintain quality of home life in specialized areas and an atmosphere which promotes purpose, privacy, dignity, and opportunity for individual growth.
1. Develop and maintain a positive personal relationship with persons served and staff.
2. Manage kitchen area including meal preparation, ordering groceries, maintaining cleanliness, and supervising staff aides and persons served working there.
3. Support the Mission and Values of Village Northwest Unlimited
4. Assist in ensuring effective and efficient operations by performing tasks as assigned by the Residential Leader.
5. Include persons served in meal preparation and kitchen duties when possible.
6. Assist with direct care and cleaning as assigned by supervisor.
7. Assist in ensuring that the correct dysphagia level consistencies are being served to persons served.
8. Maintain regular attendance.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Lifting: Approximately 10-15 pounds daily, 25 pounds twice a week.
Standing: Due to the range of activities that are required, the ability to stand for an 8-hour shift is necessary.
Other Requirements: Cleaning (reaching, bending, vacuuming, etc.), Fine Motor Skills, Limited Repetitive Motion, exposed to Household Cleaning Supplies.
Visual/Auditory requirements: Ability to adequately interact with staff and persons served
How to apply
A completed application is required for all open positions before an individual is considered an applicant. Résumés do not substitute for a completed application.
Employment applications should be completed online. You can submit a letter of application, a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) and any additional required files by email to email@example.com or by postal mail to:Village Northwest Unlimited
Attention: Human Resources
330 Village Circle
Sheldon, IA 51201