ICF/ID Program Instructor
A Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Sciences, a related degree, a two-year associate degree in a related field or previous experience in working with adults with disabilities is preferred. Must have demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communication skills
To lead the instruction of individuals served in the curriculum and activities they have chosen to participate in. Help the individuals to achieve their goals in the ICF/ID Program area. Provides status/progress reports of assigned caseload to internal departments.
- Provides opportunities for development and growth for individuals served by instructing and training in the ICF/ID and community life program areas.
- Responsible for reporting to QIDP and internal contacts regarding the progress of individuals served within their caseloads.
- Establishes, develops and writes goals for individuals within their caseload
- Completes staffing reports for individuals within their caseloads..
- Participates as a member of the Curriculum Development Committee.
- Assist in ensuring effective and efficient operation of programs by performing tasks as assigned by the ICF/ID Program Director.
- Provide a friendly and supportive atmosphere wherein others can be encouraged to contribute and grow within their position.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Lifting: 10-50 pounds, single and two person transferring with an average of 75 pounds. Ability to utilize a mechanical lift for transferring.
Standing: Due to the range of activities that are required, the ability to stand for long periods of time.
Other Requirements: Bending, twisting, pulling, pushing carts and wheelchairs, walking individuals served with a gait belt, could be exposed to chemicals (limited).
Visual/Audio: Ability to adequately interact with staff and individuals served.
How to apply
A completed application is required for all open positions before an individual is considered an applicant. Résumés do not substitute for a completed application.
Employment applications should be completed online. You can submit a letter of application, a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) and any additional required files by email to email@example.com or by postal mail to:Village Northwest Unlimited
Attention: Human Resources
330 Village Circle
Sheldon, IA 51201