Bachelor of Social Work Degree from an accredited college is preferred, related degrees will be considered. Must possess knowledge or experience relating to assessment and treatment of individuals with disabilities, leadership and supervision experience, and a willingness to be flexible in accepting and delegating responsibilities. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. Must have or obtain CDL or chauffeur’s license and Med Aide certification.
Responsible for coordination and supervision of the consumers' home life, in order to maximize individual growth. Responsible for the maintenance of the home. Provide supervision and leadership for residential staff.
- Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with each individual to insure their needs, concerns, and views are being understood and action steps developed to meet those needs. Also establish relationships with parents and/or guardians of each individual.
- Responsible for coordination and communication with support services and administrative personnel regarding all aspects of home life.
- Insure the home environment is socially and spiritually nurturing, educational, physically safe, and positively reinforces development.
- Provide leadership in decisions that affect programming and maintenance of grounds, through effective standards of supervision, support of staff, and development of a cohesive team.
- Provide and maintain QIDP role pertaining to accurate documentation and needs/goals for each individual to achieve the highest levels of growth.
- Responsible for transportation of consumers.
- Support Mission and Values of Village Northwest Unlimited.
- Assist in ensuring effective and efficient operation of the residential program by performing tasks as assigned by the Corporate Operations Officer.
How to apply
A completed application is required for all open positions before an individual is considered an applicant. Résumés do not substitute for a completed application.
Employment applications should be completed online. You can submit a letter of application, a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) and any additional required files by email to email@example.com or by postal mail to:Village Northwest Unlimited
Attention: Human Resources
330 Village Circle
Sheldon, IA 51201