Community Skills Supervisor
Must possess leadership qualities and proven ability to carry out the management responsibilities of the position. Ability to promote unity between team members is essential. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are essential. Must be able to certify in C.P.R. and achieve Med Manager status. Experience as a Community Skills Manager or equivalent is preferred.
Responsible for supporting persons living in the home with their personal growth, helping them to reach their highest level of success. Responsible for supervisory and management duties which insure an efficient house operation.
- Develop and maintain positive personal relationship with persons served and staff.
- Fulfill all duties of Community Skills Trainer position.
- Oversee house maintenance, safety, and sanitation needs/concerns.
- Completion of all necessary HCBS forms to meet requirements.
- Coordinate and facilitate team meeting for house staff as needed
- Completes performance evaluations for the house staff.
- Reviews the staff’s time punches in the time and attendance system for accuracy.
- Participate in the interview process for new staff at the house.
- Support the mission and values of Village Northwest Unlimited.
- Provide advocacy for all persons served living in the home.
- Assist in ensuring effective and efficient operations by performing tasks as assigned by, and serving as liaison for, the Co-Directors of Community Living.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Lifting: Very minimal lifting, not daily.
Standing: Due to the requirements, the ability to stand for an 8 hour shift is necessary.
Other Requirements: Pushing, Pulling, Twisting, Cleaning (reaching, bending, vacuuming, etc.), Fine Motor Skills, Kneeling, Limited Repetitive Motion.
Visual/Auditory requirements: Ability to adequately interact with staff and persons served.
How to apply
A completed application is required for all open positions before an individual is considered an applicant. Résumés do not substitute for a completed application.
Employment applications should be completed online. You can submit a letter of application, a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) and any additional required files by email to email@example.com or by postal mail to:Village Northwest Unlimited
Attention: Human Resources
330 Village Circle
Sheldon, IA 51201