A degree in recreational studies or a related field is preferred and/or prior related experience. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Requires good organizational skills and the ability to carry out multiple tasks successfully. Must obtain CDL or chauffers license and Medication Aide certification.
Provide an atmosphere that enhances opportunities and training for integration and program/ treatment implementation.
- Develop and maintain a positive personal relationship with each person served.
- Assist persons served with planning, implementation, and attending activities that enhance their emotional, physical, spiritual and intellectual growth, as well as integration in the community.
- Develop plans, goals and related programs designed to meet the needs of each person served. Implement or delegate as necessary to have these needs met.
- Support Mission and Values of Village Northwest Unlimited.
- Assist in ensuring effective and efficient operation of the residential programs by performing tasks as assigned by the Residential Leader/QIDP.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Meet standards of accurate completion of required documentation.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Lifting: Bending, Twisting, and Pushing are necessary to operate an Easy Lift. Occasionally, a two-man lift with an average weight of 125 pounds may be required.
Standing: Due to the range of activities that are required, the ability to stand for an 8-hour shift is necessary
Other requirements as needed: Pushing, Pulling, Twisting, Cleaning (reaching, bending, vacuuming, etc.), Fine Motor Skills, Kneeling, Limited Repetitive Motion
Visual/Auditory requirements: Ability to adequately interact with staff and persons served.
How to apply
A completed application is required for all open positions before an individual is considered an applicant. Résumés do not substitute for a completed application.
Employment applications should be completed online. You can submit a letter of application, a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) and any additional required files by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to:Village Northwest Unlimited
Attention: Human Resources
330 Village Circle
Sheldon, IA 51201