Autism Program Director
- BCBA (Board Certified Behavioral Analysis) required.
- A master’s degree is preferred for this position.
- Other essential qualities include organizational skills:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lead teams,
- Experience in program development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience relating to the assessment and treatment of those with a diagnosis of autism.
- Good presentation skills and the ability to think strategically are required, along with a high level of energy and dedication.
- Interpersonal, time management and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work well within teams are essential.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSA’s)
The Autism Program Director will have KNOWLEDGE of:
- Services provided to people with Autism to include applied behavior analysis
- Functional behavior assessments; positive behavior support; behavior health disorders and medications to treat
- Developmental disabilities and behavioral health programs and services.
The Autism Program Director will have SKILL in:
- Evaluating and reviewing data in treatment modalities
- Administering standardized assessment tools and interpreting results
- Writing, reviewing, and evaluating treatment goals
- Oral and written communication; use of computer systems.
The Autism Program Director will have the ABILITY to:
- Work independently and problem-solve
- Lead, train, and supervise teams
- Oversee admissions; promote the program through various mediums.
- Attend conferences, research literature, and share learning related to supporting those with autism.
- Spearhead the development of a residential and day program for those at all levels on the autism spectrum.
- Facilitate team meetings and staff training events.
- Initiate development of policies and procedures.
- Ensure quality of services delivered.
- Ensure effective communication among all support teams.
- Responsible for accurate documentation (reports and program records).
- Serve as liaison between VNU and parents and guardians.
- Work with the Director of Admissions to define an intake process for referrals to the autism program.
- Ensure compliance with all government regulations, while maintaining alignment with VNU mission.
How to apply
A completed application is required for all open positions before an individual is considered an applicant. Résumés do not substitute for a completed application.
Employment applications should be completed online. You can submit a letter of application, a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) and any additional required files by email to email@example.com or by postal mail to:Village Northwest Unlimited
Attention: Human Resources
330 Village Circle
Sheldon, IA 51201