QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s degree in Music or Education (with musical ability) preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
PURPOSE: Utilize music to work with adults with mental or physical disorders or disabilities as part of the individual’s comprehensive treatment plan. This position will work with groups of individuals, or on an individual basis to address emotional and/or physical needs.
- Plan, organize and direct a variety of vocal and instrumental music activities.
- Instruct individuals alone, or in groups, in prescribed instrumental or vocal music activities.
- Provide direction to co-workers assisting with music sessions.
- Provide assistance with, and instruction of Snoezelen activities, as directed by the Occupational Therapist.
- Maintain accurate documentation in compliance with state and federal laws.
- Research and suggest the purchase, implementation, and maintenance of equipment, materials, and technology.
- Develop and maintain positive personal relationship with persons served and staff.
- Assist in ensuring effective and efficient operation of the program by performing tasks as assigned by the Coordinator of Therapeutic Services.
- Provide assistance to persons served with personal needs.
- Support mission and values of Village Northwest Unlimited.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Lifting: Assist with 1-and 2-person transfers a minimum of 4-6 times daily, average weight 50 pounds
Other Requirements: Pushing, Pulling, Fine Motor Skills.
Visual/Auditory requirements: Ability to adequately interact with staff and persons served.
How to apply
A completed application is required for all open positions before an individual is considered an applicant. Résumés do not substitute for a completed application.
Employment applications should be completed online. You can submit a letter of application, a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) and any additional required files by email to email@example.com or by postal mail to:Village Northwest Unlimited
Attention: Human Resources
330 Village Circle
Sheldon, IA 51201