Community Skills Trainer I
Previous experience working with adults with disabilities is preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. Maturity and the ability to be a positive role model for persons served will be considered key qualities for employment. Must be able to certify in C.P.R. and maintain Med Manager status.
Through the development of a strong personal relationship with the persons served living in the home, provide opportunities for their growth, and an atmosphere which promotes purpose, privacy, and dignity.
1. Develop and maintain a positive personal relationship with each person served, their parents/ guardians, and co-workers.
2. Responsible for the quality of home life, total home climate, and physical condition of the home.
3. Acquire an understanding of the needs of each person served, and the team plan designed to meet those needs. Run and document programs and related concerns.
4. Assist and teach persons served to care for themselves in daily living tasks and social skills areas.
5. Perform and assist with personal hygiene and grooming needs.
6. Support Mission and Values of Village Northwest Unlimited.
7. Assist in ensuring effective and efficient operation of the residential programs by performing tasks as assigned by the supervisor of the home.
8. Maintain regular attendance.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Lifting: Very minimal lifting, not daily.
Standing: Due to the range of activities that are required, the ability to stand for an 8-hour shift is necessary
Other requirements as needed: Pulling, Twisting, Cleaning (reaching, bending, vacuuming, etc.), Fine Motor Skills, Kneeling, Limited Repetitive Motion, Pushing a wheelchair
Visual/Auditory requirements: Ability to effectively interact with staff and persons served.
How to apply
A completed application is required for all open positions before an individual is considered an applicant. Résumés do not substitute for a completed application.
Employment applications should be completed online. You can submit a letter of application, a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) and any additional required files by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to:Village Northwest Unlimited
Attention: Human Resources
330 Village Circle
Sheldon, IA 51201