QUALIFICATIONS: Must be highly skilled in plumbing and mechanical operations, basic electricity, and carpentry. Knowledge and/or experience in auto and wheelchair repair are preferred. Good verbal and written communication skills are preferred.
PURPOSE: Maintenance, repair, and remodeling of Village facilities and upkeep and repair of equipment.
1. Develop and maintain a positive personal relationship with persons served and staff.
2. Provide houses with electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and appliance repair.
3. Provide vehicle and wheelchair repair and support as needed.
4. Support the Mission and Values of Village Northwest Unlimited
5. Assist in ensuring effective and efficient operation of the program by performing tasks as assigned by the Director of Maintenance Operations.
6. Maintain regular attendance.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Lifting: Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time approximately 10 times a week.
Other Requirements as needed: Pushing, Pulling, Twisting, Kneeling, Reaching, Bending, Fine Motor Skills
Visual/Auditory requirements: Ability to adequately interact with staff and persons served
How to apply
A completed application is required for all open positions before an individual is considered an applicant. Résumés do not substitute for a completed application.
Employment applications should be completed online. You can submit a letter of application, a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) and any additional required files by email to email@example.com or by postal mail to:Village Northwest Unlimited
Attention: Human Resources
330 Village Circle
Sheldon, IA 51201