Direct Support Professional (3 day work week)
Previous experience working with adults with disabilities is preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. Maturity and the ability to portray a positive adult image will be considered key qualities for employment.
Through the development of a strong personal relationship with individuals served, provide opportunities for individual's growth and an atmosphere which promotes purpose, privacy, and dignity.
- Conduct hourly bed checks if working overnight.
- Develop and maintain a positive personal relationship with each individual served, parents/ guardians of individuals served, and co-workers.
- Responsible for the quality of home life, total home climate, and physical condition of the house.
- Acquire an understanding of each individual's needs and the team plan designed to meet those needs. Run programs and provide proper documentation as required.
- Assist and teach individuals served to care for themselves in daily living tasks and social skills areas.
- Perform and assist with personal hygiene and grooming needs.
- Support the Mission and Values of Village Northwest Unlimited.
- Assist in ensuring effective and efficient operation of the residential programs by performing tasks as assigned by the Residential Leader.
- Maintain regular attendance.
How to apply
A completed application is required for all open positions before an individual is considered an applicant. Résumés do not substitute for a completed application.
Employment applications should be completed online. You can submit a letter of application, a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) and any additional required files by email to email@example.com or by postal mail to:Village Northwest Unlimited
Attention: Human Resources
330 Village Circle
Sheldon, IA 51201