Possess knowledge and skills related to the maintenance of the building and grounds of Village Northwest Unlimited. Experience in the areas of lawn care, landscaping, general building maintenance and upkeep, plumbing, electricity, mechanical operations and carpentry is required. Knowledge and experience in automotive and wheelchair repair is preferred. Good verbal and written communication skills are preferred.
Maintenance, repair, upkeep and remodeling of Village Northwest Unlimited’s facilities, buildings, grounds and equipment.
- Develop and maintain a positive personal relationship with persons served and staff.
- Support the Mission and Values of Village Northwest Unlimited.
- Perform electrical, plumbing, mechanical and appliance repair and upkeep of VNU facilities, residential homes and buildings.
- Help with the maintenance and upkeep of the grounds of VNU; including snow removal, lawn maintenance and landscaping.
- Provide automotive and wheelchair repair and maintenance as needed
- Perform tasks assigned by the Director of Maintenance to ensure the effective and efficient operations within the maintenance department.
- Maintain regular attendance.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Lifting: Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time approximately 10 times a week.
Other Requirements as needed: Pushing, Pulling, Twisting, Kneeling, Reaching, Bending, Fine Motor Skills
Visual/Auditory requirements: Ability to adequately interact with staff and persons served
How to apply
A completed application is required for all open positions before an individual is considered an applicant. Résumés do not substitute for a completed application.
Employment applications should be completed online. You can submit a letter of application, a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) and any additional required files by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to:Village Northwest Unlimited
Attention: Human Resources
330 Village Circle
Sheldon, IA 51201