Community Program Instructor
Must have a High School education or its equivalent. Previous experience in working with adults with disabilities is preferred. Must have demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communication skills
To lead the instruction of individuals served in the curriculum and activities they have chosen to participate in. Help the individuals to achieve their goals in the areas of day habilitation and vocational training.
- Provides opportunities for development and growth for individuals served by instructing and training in the areas of day habilitation, vocational habilitation, and community life programs.
- Responsible for implementation of the goals that have been developed for individuals.
- Supervises small groups/enclaves in their community employment.
- Participates as a member of the Curriculum Development Committee.
- Serves as a Job Coach as needed.
- Assists in ensuring effective and efficient operation of programs by performing tasks as assigned by the Community Program Director and Community Program Supervisor.
- Provides a friendly and supportive atmosphere wherein others can be encouraged to contribute and grow within their position.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Lifting: 10-50 pounds, single- and two-person transferring with an average of 75 pounds. Ability to utilize a mechanical lift for transferring.
Standing: Due to the range of activities that are required, the ability to stand for long periods of time.
Other Requirements: Bending, twisting, pulling, pushing carts and wheelchairs, walking individuals served with a gait belt, could be exposed to chemicals (limited).
Visual/Audio: Ability to adequately interact with staff and individuals served.
How to apply
A completed application is required for all open positions before an individual is considered an applicant. Résumés do not substitute for a completed application.
Employment applications should be completed online. You can submit a letter of application, a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) and any additional required files by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to:Village Northwest Unlimited
Attention: Human Resources
330 Village Circle
Sheldon, IA 51201