Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field preferred; applicable experience will be considered. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. Must be highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks. Leadership skills, especially the ability to promote unity among team members is required. Must achieve Medication Aide status.
Responsible for advocacy of specified consumers..
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with consumers, parents/guardians, and co-workers.
- Responsible to advocate for the physical, emotional, financial, and spiritual well-being of consumers.
- Develop and implement appropriate programs and other required paper work.
- Maintain and perform the responsibilities as prescribed within the Direct Support Professional job description.
- Support the mission and values of Village Northwest Unlimited.
- Assist in ensuring effective and efficient operations by performing tasks as assigned by the Residential Leader.
- Maintain regular attendance.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Lifting: As per house.
Standing: Due to the range of activities that are required, the ability to stand for an 8-hour shift is necessary
Other Requirements: Pushing, Pulling, Twisting, Fine Motor Skills, and Kneeling.
Visual/Auditory requirements: Ability to adequately interact with staff and consumers.
How to apply
A completed application is required for all open positions before an individual is considered an applicant. Résumés do not substitute for a completed application.
Employment applications should be completed online. You can submit a letter of application, a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) and any additional required files by email to email@example.com or by postal mail to:Village Northwest Unlimited
Attention: Human Resources
330 Village Circle
Sheldon, IA 51201