QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to those with experience in physical therapy or a related field. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
PURPOSE: To aid persons served in achieving maximum physical potential by improving motor functioning and preventing disability while supporting progress in other areas.
1. Develop and maintain positive personal relationship with persons served and staff.
2. Initiate, implement, and maintain therapeutic programs to achieve goals.
3. Perform range of motion, gait training, and other therapeutic activities as prescribed by the Physical Therapist.
4. Assist with out-of-chair and stand-aid activities.
5. Perform therapy in therapy pool.
6. Advocate for persons served by assessing strengths and weaknesses, writing reports and goals, and attending staffings, etc.
7. Assist persons served with personal needs.
8. Assist in ensuring effective and efficient operation of the Physical Therapy program by performing tasks as assigned by the Consultant and Coordinator of Therapeutic Services.
9. Responsible for escorting of persons served.
10 Support Mission and Values of Village Northwest Unlimited.
11. Maintain regular attendance.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Lifting: Assist with 1- and 2-person transfers daily, average weight 50 pounds
Standing: Due to the range of activities that are required, the ability to stand for several hours at a time.
Other Requirements: Bending, twisting, pulling, pushing, walking with persons served
Visual/Auditory requirements: Ability to adequately interact with staff and persons served
A completed application is required for all open positions before an individual is considered an applicant. Résumés do not substitute for a completed application.
Employment applications should be completed online. You can submit a letter of application, a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) and any additional required files by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to:Village Northwest Unlimited