QUALIFICATIONS: Licensed Therapist (PT, ESD, OT, ST), or BA Degree with emphasis in physical development, physical education or therapeutic field; or two years experience in leadership role in the above areas. Proven leadership skills that reflect: participatory and creative environment, team building ability, and organizational skills. Excellent verbal and written communication are essential.
PURPOSE: To provide leadership for the Therapeutic Services team which will maximize the abilities and potential of all team members.
1. Develop and maintain positive personal relationship with consumers and staff.
2. Plan, implement, and administer therapeutic and physical development activities.
3. Provide support and leadership for the Therapeutic Services Team (PT, OT, ESD, Music, and Communications) to develop appropriate goals for consumers.
4. Promote involvement in Special Olympic Activities.
5. Develop and implement appropriate Exercise and Sports programs for all consumers.
6. Assist in ensuring effective and efficient operation of the program by performing tasks as assigned by the Director of Health and Therapeutic Services.
7. Responsible for transportation of consumers.
8. Support mission and values of Village Northwest Unlimited.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Lifting: Daily lifting – Assist with 1- and 2-person transfers daily, average weight 50 pounds
Standing: Due to the range of activities that are required, the ability to stand for several hours at a time.
Other Requirements: Bending, twisting, pulling, pushing, walking with consumers,
Visual/Auditory requirements: Ability to adequately interact with staff and consumers
A completed application is required for all open positions before an individual is considered an applicant. Résumés do not substitute for a completed application.
Employment applications should be completed online. You can submit a letter of application, a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) and any additional required files by email to email@example.com or by postal mail to:Village Northwest Unlimited