QUALIFICATIONS: An art degree, experience or training preferred but not required. Experience with individuals with intellectual disability or brain injury desirable. Able to work independently and to proactively develop the on-site art program.
PURPOSE: Support the Village Northwest Unlimited community by developing and offering opportunities for individuals served to explore their own artistic abilities. Serve as a catalyst for artistic exploration and personal growth.
1. Develop and maintain positive personal relationship with persons served and staff in a team environment.
2. Assist with the provision of programming, instruction, and opportunities for persons served through artistic activities. Documentation of interventions also required.
3. Create and execute opportunities for individuals served to share their art with others.
4. Assist in ensuring effective and efficient operation of the program by performing tasks as assigned.
5. Become familiar and assist with the use of new equipment, materials, and technology.
6. Support mission and values of Village Northwest Unlimited.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Lifting: Assist with 1- and 2-person transfers daily, average weight 50 pounds
Other Requirements: Pushing, Pulling, Fine Motor Skills.
Visual/Auditory requirements: Ability to adequately interact with staff and persons served.
A completed application is required for all open positions before an individual is considered an applicant. Résumés do not substitute for a completed application.
Employment applications should be completed online. You can submit a letter of application, a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) and any additional required files by email to email@example.com or by postal mail to:Village Northwest Unlimited