Bachelor’s degree in Human Services (Social Work, Special Education, Psychology, etc) or related field preferred; applicable experience will be considered. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Must be highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks. Must have or be able to obtain CDL or chauffers license and Medication Aide certification.
Provide an atmosphere that enhances opportunities and training for integration and program/ treatment implementation.
1. Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with consumers, parents/guardians, and co-workers.
2. Assist persons served with planning, implementation, and attending activities that enhance their emotional, physical, spiritual and intellectual growth, as well as integration in the community.
3. Develop plans, goals and related programs designed to meet the needs of each person served. Meet standards of such and complete required documentation.
4. Support Mission and Values of Village Northwest Unlimited.
5. Assist in ensuring effective and efficient operation by performing tasks as assigned by the Residential Leader.
6. Work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of service. This may include evenings, weekends, holidays, overnights, on-call, etc.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Lifting: A two-person lift is required occasionally. The average weight per lift is 55 pounds per person. A one-person transfer is required an average of four to six times per shift.
Standing: Due to the range of activities that are required, the ability to stand for an 8-hour shift is necessary
Other requirements as needed: Pushing, Pulling, Twisting, Cleaning (reaching, bending, vacuuming, etc.), Fine Motor Skills, Kneeling, Moderate Repetitive Motion
Visual/Auditory requirements: Ability to adequately interact with staff and persons served.
A completed application is required for all open positions before an individual is considered an applicant. Résumés do not substitute for a completed application.
Employment applications should be completed online. You can submit a letter of application, a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) and any additional required files by email to email@example.com or by postal mail to:Village Northwest Unlimited