QUALIFICATIONS: Must be eligible for certification as a communication aide by the State Department of Public Health. College degree in applicable field preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Experience in augmentative communication devices helpful. Must be able to work independently as well as in a team setting. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to direct the activities of the Communications Department are required.
PURPOSE: To assist the Speech Language Pathologist in assessing the communication abilities of each individual served and to provide therapeutic services as necessary to enhance the receptive and expressive language of persons served.
1. Develop and maintain positive personal relationship with persons served and staff.
2. Assist with planning, developing, writing, and implementing programs and seeking, developing, and utilizing appropriate materials.
3. Provide assistance to persons served with personal needs.
4. Assist in ensuring effective and efficient operation of the Communications program by performing tasks as assigned by the Speech/Language Pathologist and Director ICF/ID and Program Services.
5. Support mission and values of Village Northwest Unlimited.
6. Maintain regular attendance.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Lifting: Assist with 1- and 2-person transfers daily, average weight 50 pounds
Other Requirements: Pushing, Pulling, Fine Motor Skills.
Visual/Auditory requirements: Ability to adequately interact with staff and persons served
A completed application is required for all open positions before an individual is considered an applicant. Résumés do not substitute for a completed application.
Employment applications should be completed online. You can submit a letter of application, a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) and any additional required files by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to:Village Northwest Unlimited