QUALIFICATIONS: Must be a licensed nurse in the State of Iowa. Previous experience working with adults with disabilities is preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. Must be highly organized with the ability to work positively with multiple teams.
PURPOSE: Promote mental and physical well-being of consumers and staff.
1. Develop and maintain positive personal relationship with consumers to facilitate care needed.
2. Maintain communication concerning the health of consumers with physicians, staff, Director of Health and Therapeutic Services and parents/guardians.
3. Provide required and appropriate nursing care; seeking medical care when indicated.
4. Maintenance of supplies, medications necessary for treatment, and all documentation and paperwork as needed
5. Participate in admission, transfer, and discharge plans of consumers as needed.
6. Support the Mission and Vision of Village Northwest Unlimited.
7. Assist in ensuring effective and efficient operation of the residential program by meeting health care needs of the consumers Village-wide as assigned by the Director of Health and Therapeutic Services.
8. Maintain regular attendance.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Lifting: A two person lift is required on an average of 2-3 times per shift. The average weight per lift is 50 pounds. Bending, Twisting, and Pushing are necessary to operate an Easy Lift. Occasionally, a two man lift with an average weight of 100 pounds may be required.
Standing: Due to the range of activities that are required, the ability to be physically active for an 8-hour shift is necessary
Other Requirements: Pushing, Pulling, Twisting, Fine Motor Skills, Kneeling, Pushing a wheelchair.
Visual/Auditory requirements: Ability to adequately interact with staff and consumers.
A completed application is required for all open positions before an individual is considered an applicant. Résumés do not substitute for a completed application.
Employment applications should be completed online. You can submit a letter of application, a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) and any additional required files by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to:Village Northwest Unlimited