QUALIFICATIONS: Previous experience working with adults with disabilities is preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. Maturity and the ability to portray a positive adult image will be considered key qualities for employment.
PURPOSE: Through the development of a strong personal relationship with persons served, provide opportunities for their growth and an atmosphere which promotes purpose, privacy, dignity.
1. Develop and maintain a positive relationship with persons served, co-workers, and parents/ guardians.
2. Responsible for the quality of home life, total home climate, and physical condition of the house.
3. Acquire an understanding of the needs of each person served and the team plan designed to meet those needs. Provide proper documentation of programming and related concerns.
4. Serve as a role model in assisting and teaching individuals to achieve the highest degree of independence possible.
5. Perform or assist with personal hygiene and grooming.
6. Support the Mission and Values of Village Northwest Unlimited.
7. Assist in ensuring effective and efficient operation of the residential programs by performing tasks as assigned by the Residential Leader.
8. Maintain regular attendance to fulfill the role of Summer Staff.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Lifting: Lifting will be required.
Standing: Due to the range of activities that are required, the ability to stand for an 8-hour shift is necessary
Other requirements as needed: Pulling, Twisting, Cleaning (reaching, bending, vacuuming, etc.), Fine Motor Skills, Kneeling, Limited Repetitive Motion, Pushing a wheelchair
Visual/Auditory requirements: Ability to adequately interact with staff and persons served.
A completed application is required for all open positions before an individual is considered an applicant. Résumés do not substitute for a completed application.
Employment applications should be completed online. You can submit a letter of application, a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) and any additional required files by email to email@example.com or by postal mail to:Village Northwest Unlimited